24 Aralık 2010 Cuma

Books - The lonely planet guide to Experimental Travel

This book was a gift from Sedos to us. I think she gave it 6 months ago and last night I had the chance to have a look at it. The co-writers Rachael Antony and Joel Henry were both enthusiastic travelers.

I can revise book in two sections.

The first part is the introduction and I must say this part interesting. It gives a brief information about 'tourists','tourism', traveling and sightseeing. I learned that the word' tourist' first introduced by Stendhal in his "les memories d'un Touriste" in 1811. First guide book was published by John Murray in 1820. It was " a guide for travellers on the Continent"

I purchased both books from Amazon, will mention them as soon as I receive them.

There are plenty of other interesting information on travelling in the introduction part. The rest of the book is on the games that were invented by those who seek for more in their travels. Some of them seems to be funny others doesn't seem fuuny or interesting to me. But its a good book to read of you are a into travel.

You can find the details on www.latourex.org


Sag ol Sedoooossssssshhhh

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder